Where Do I Even Start?
Estate planning is often a neglected part of financial planning because of the uncomfortableness of having to answer questions that surround death. However, estate planning can help ensure your assets will be there for those you love after you are gone and is one of the most loving things you can do for your family. What is an estate plan and how does it different from a will?
A will is simply a device for planning the distribution of an estate. Estate planning involves the will along with trusts, beneficiary designations, property ownership, powers of appointment, gifts, and powers of attorney. Estate planning is making a plan in advance and naming whom
you want to receive all the things you own after you die. A well-planned estate is the ultimate goal
Good estate planning is determined by the specific goals of the client and includes the following:
• In addition to your valuables, estate planning involves instructions for passing on your values like religion,education, work ethic, etc.
• Naming a guardian and a manager of inheritance for minor children.
• Charitable giving
• Minimization of transfer taxes
• Instructions for your care if you become disabled.
• Providing for the transfer of your business at your disability, retirement or death.
• Life insurance for your family upon your death as well as disability income insurance if you cannot work due to illness or injury.
• Providing for family members with special needs without disrupting their government benefits.
• How you wish to provide for loved ones who might be irresponsible with money or who may need protection from divorce or creditors.
• How to minimize taxes, court costs or unnecessary legal
Call for a free consultation 918.794.9290
SIGN UP FOR FREE EDUCATIONAL VIDEO SERIES!
Click here to preview a short animated video illustrating some important facts about stock market history. Sign up below to watch the entire video, plus other helpful videos in our animated series.
Fox Business News trusts
Melia Advisory Group
Our financial workshops are free and are packed with helpful information that will educate you on retirement options and equip you with confidence and peace of mind.
Topics covered are:
• Social Security planning – Learn how to get the most out of social security and how to avoid taxes.
• Estate planning – Everything you need to know about wills and trusts.
• IRA & RMD planning – Understanding your tax picture with RMD’s (Required Minimum Distributions)
If you would like to attend one of our free workshops, you can call Eileen 918.794.9290 or click button below.